You may have to break open the piggybank, but a trip to Legoland Windsor will be a dream come true for your little ones and worth every penny. The park is massive as you would imagine, so try and plan your trip before you go so you make sure you get round to all the rides and shows you don’t want to miss. Pop on your most comfy shoes, pack a bag full of snacks, and off you go.
The excitement starts as soon as you make your way up the loooong driveway via car to the park entrance, spotting all the Lego characters dotted in bushes, on the grass and on the signs. The kiddies will already be giddy and you’ve not even made it to the car park.
With over 55 attractions and rides to discover at Legoland Windsor you’ll be spoilt for choice and I’d completely bore you listing them all on here, so here’s a quick look at our Little Ankle Biters recommendations…
- The stunning Miniland – a miniature version of Europe and the USA made from nearly 40 million Lego bricks, my brain hurts just contemplating making that!
- Drench Towers – great for older children and daredevils, this is designed for maximum soaking and is the largest water play structure in the UK.
- Splash Safari – where toddlers can rub noses with some of their favourite Duplo animal friends and have a splash around. This is the splash pad of all splash pads. Don’t forget to bring swimmers and a towel.
- Fairytale Brook – lovely for little ones as they take a boat down a meandering river spotting some of their favourite fairytale characters on the way
- Atlantis Submarine Voyage – take the plunge with this world-first Lego submarine ride and immerse yourself in a magical underwater adventure
And when it comes to food, you’ll be just as spoilt for choice. There are 12 options for grabbing a quick lunch between rides, everything you’d expect from a theme park including burgers, pizza, pasta, fish & chips and a BBQ restaurant.
You’ll all be absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, with achy feet but big smiles. And you’ll be guaranteed a good nights sleep, which has got to be worth it in itself.
Address: Winkfield Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 4AY
For more information click here
For more top picks click here
Image credit: travelsmarter.co.uk