If you have a child born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 it is time to apply for a primary or infant school place.
All schools have an admission criteria to decide which children get places. The school or local council usually set these.
Admission criteria are different for each school. For example, schools may give priority to children:
- who have a brother or sister at the school already
- who live close to the school
- from a particular religion (for faith schools)
- who do well in an entrance exam (for selective schools, for example grammar schools or stage schools)
- who went to a particular primary school (a ‘feeder school’)
- in care or being looked after (all schools must have this as a top priority)
- who are eligible for the pupil premium
Your local council can give you a booklet about schools’ criteria and how to apply.
The deadline to apply is 15 January 2019!
To apply click here
If you would like this and other great events sent directly to your inbox, why not sign up to our newsletter here.