Willows Activity Farm is a Children’s Farm just off junction 22 of the M25, in St Albans set in beautiful countryside. As big Peter Rabbit fans it’s a firm favourite of ours and a day out we’re more than happy to travel for. They have an all inclusive admission price which ensures a carefree day out with all shows, fun fair rides, carousels, inflatables, Tractor Ride, acres of outdoor and under cover soft play activities plus entry to the Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground included in the entry price. Meaning no expensive extras while you’re there.
Here’s a selection of bits we think you should make sure to catch while you’re there:
- The kids’ farm with lots of farmyard animals for feeding and a small animal petting area.
- The tractor ride through the fields and muddy puddles.
- The Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground – explore the Lily Bobtail Nature Discovery area, check out the kitchen and laundry of Mrs Tiggy-winkle and try out the state-of-the-art Great Invention sensory game, created by Mr. Bouncer. Musical guests will enjoy the Jeremy Fisher Music Pond and the Peter Rabbit Secret Treehouse is the perfect place to look out for Mr McGregor and Old Brown!
- Meet Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Lily Bobtail in live performances in the Peter Rabbit Theatre
- Make your fortune panning for gold, don’t forget to hand in your treasures in return for a medal!
There’s a great range of homemade food available in the onsite restaurant and plenty of free parking.
Keep an eye on their programme of fantastic seasonal events including the Pumpkin Festival and February Frolics with live lambing and carrot picking in the fields which you can then take home and cook.
Address: Willows Activity Farm, Coursers Road, London Colney, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0PF
For more information see www.willowsactivityfarm.com
For ideas on other days out with the kiddies, click here.
Photo credit: galleryhip.com